GAP INSURANCE EXPLAINED
Summary about your Contract Hire Finance GAP insurance policy
Underwritten by Alpha insurance A/S
This document provides only a summary, for full details of all your policy benefits and all terms and conditions you should
read the finance GAP policy document a copy of which will be provided, by post, after your policy is taken out or at
any time on request.
You are eligible for this policy if at the start date:
· you are the registered keeper or hirer of the insured vehicle;
· your insured vehicle is covered by a motor insurance policy;
· your insured vehicle is less than 6 years old at the time you purchased this policy;
· the term of the finance agreement on the insured vehicle is less than or equal to 60 months.
Significant Features and Benefits
This insurance will cover the difference between the motor insurer settlement (the insured value)
in the event you suffer a total loss to your insured vehicle as a result of accidental damage,
fire or theft and the amount you require to settle your finance agreement up to the maximum stated in your policy schedule.
The payment of any shortfall is subject to terms and conditions.
You are also covered for up to a maximum of £250 towards your motor insurance excess unless it can
be recovered from the liable third party. Cover also includes all factory fitted accessories that
were detailed on the original vehicle invoice. This policy is only transferable within 90 days of
the date of commencement to any family member.
Significant and Unusual Exclusions or Limitations (See policy document Sections 11 and 12)
· the insured value of the vehicle is the motor insurer settlement;
· the total benefit payable under this policy shall not exceed £10,000;
· this insurance will not cover dealer fitted extras and accessories unless
specified on the relevant manufacturer’s price list, any road fund license, new vehicle
registration fee, administration fee, fuel, paintwork and/or upholstery protection kits,
insurance premiums (including this premium) and warranty premiums, service plans and any
previous negative equity;
· you will not be covered in respect of any excess over £250 deducted under your comprehensive motor insurance policy;
· the insured vehicle must be insured under a comprehensive UK motor insurance policy;
· you will not be covered if the insured vehicle is insured on any type of motor trade motor insurance policy;
· you will not be covered if a total loss occurred after it was taken or driven without your consent by a family member, spouse or partner;
· the net invoice selling price of your vehicle does not exceed £37,500;
· your total loss is covered when it occurs within Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and member countries of the European Community;
· we will not cover any claim where you have the option to receive a new vehicle under the terms of your motor insurance policy in respect of the total loss of your vehicle;
· in the event that your motor insurance policy provides a new vehicle under their new vehicle provision and there being no claim paid under this insurance policy,
we will on your instruction transfer any unexpired Period of insurance under this policy to your new vehicle. You will need to contact the policy Administrator to request this transfer;
· this policy excludes any emergency vehicle, taxi, bus, truck, HGV, motorcycle or motorised mobility scooter.
Please read the full list of exclusions in your policy document and in particular the definition of insured vehicle.
Duration of Cover
The duration of cover will run from the date of commencement, as shown in the policy schedule, until the earliest of the following dates:
· 60 months from the date of commencement; or
· the date on which the insured vehicle is sold or
· transferred (we shall accept a transfer of this insurance within the first 90 days of the inception of this policy to any family member) or;
· the date on which the finance agreement is terminated.
Duration of Cover
The duration of cover will run from the Date of Commencement,
as shown in the Policy Schedule, until the earliest of the
· 60 months from the Date of Commencement; or
· the date on which the Insured Vehicle is sold or transferred
to a new owner, or
· The date on which the Finance Agreement is terminated.
Your Right of Cancellation
You have a statutory right to cancel the policy within 31 days starting on the later date you enter into the contract,
or if different the date you receive the policy documentation.
On receipt of your notice of cancellation, we will refund any premiums
you have already paid, unless you have already made a claim under your policy.
If after this period has elapsed you wish to terminate cover you will be entitled to a
refund proportionate to the unexpired months of the policy,
unless you have already made a claim under your policy.
Please note: An administration fee of £50 will be deducted from the calculated amount prior to any refund being paid.
If you have reason to claim please report your claim according to the following procedure.
Contact the Administrator IMMEDIATELY you become aware of a potential total loss and
BEFORE you accept any claim from your motor insurer; the claim notification telephone
number is 01926 622660 or write to them at;
Premia Solutions Limited
3 Corunna Court
Warwick, CV34 5HQ.
Full details of how to make a claim are included in the policy.
IMPORTANT – It is a condition of this insurance cover that you do not accept an offer of settlement of a
claim under your motor insurance policy without first contacting the Administrator on 01926 622 660
We are committed to treating our customers fairly. However, we realise that there may be times when things go wrong.
If this happens, please use the most suitable contact from the following list:
For complaints about the sale of the policy, you should contact or write to the dealer that sold you your car.
For complaints about administration of this policy, you should contact or write to:
Premia Solutions Limited,
3 Corunna Court, Corunna Road,
Warwick, CV34 5HQ
For complaints about the terms and conditions of this policy or a claim, you should contact or write to:
The Chief Executive
Alpha insurance A/S
Sundkrogsgade 21, DK-2100,
Fax: 0045 7026 2595
If the Company cannot resolve the matter to your satisfaction,
they will provide you with a final response so that you can,
if you wish, refer the matter to the Danish insurance
Complaints Board (the Board) or the U.K.
Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), depending on the nature of the
complaint and whether it should properly be directed against Alpha insurance A/S or another party.
Contact details are as follows:
The Danish insurance Complaints Board
Ankenaevnet for Forsikring
Anker Heegaards Gade 2
Tel: 0045 3315 8900
You have the right to refer your complaint to the FOS, free of charge, but you must do so within six months of the date of our final response letter.
If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint
and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances.
For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
In order for the Board to deal with your complaint, you will need to agree to their applying the rules of
Danish law and practice in the adjudication process. Referring a
complaint to the FOS or the Board is an alternative form of dispute resolution. It does not affect your right to take legal action.